Friday, February 18, 2011

Episode 2--The Subterranean Life Form Reappears

If you read my previous blog about my first encounter with Quad-0 may harbor some doubt about my state of mind. I was too. Since the notion that I may have been delusional at the time I had my first encounter with Quad-0, I decided to return to the area where it first appeared. This time our two dogs were left at home for fear that they may get spooked. They exhibited no unusual response initially so my precaution was probably unnecessary.

As I approached the white beach area where I first encountered Quad-0, I felt a sense of unease. The ocean waves were gently washing the sandy shores, yet there was no sign of Quad-0. I decided to stretch out on the soft silky sand and simply soak in the sunlight.

As I relaxed supine on the sand sudden oscillation of the nearby beach caused jumping particles of shiny silica and the sudden appearance of Quad-0 emerging. "It" came wobbling toward me on the two bulging bottom pads and seemed to be inspecting me. I remained perfectly still believing that the slightest movement could cause it to react in some dangerous manner.

Instead Quad-0 continued to wobble around me in a generally elliptical path while seemingly gathering information. I remained still and pretended to be unaware of its hovering presence. Suddenly, without advance indication Quad-0 waddled onto my stomach and its presence there sent chills of terror through my body. Not knowing what to expect I tried to remain still but the tickling caused by Quad-0's "mobility pads" caused me to erupt with laughter. Quad-0 seemed to be entertained by my laughter and stated to make repeated sounds that resembled the sounds emanating due to extreme flatulence. Indeed, the accompanying odor suggested "that" was exactly what was happening. I rapidly jumped to my feet fearing what might follow and dashed back to the safety of our vacation home without looking back. Wow, that was a close call.

No comments: